If you find yourself in a fender bender, there are several important steps to take to ensure everyone involved is safe and that you can get your claims process started:
- Remain calm and check that you and your passengers are okay. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- If you can, move out of the way of traffic. If it is safe to move your car off the road to a safe location, then do so.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver(s) involved; this includes phone numbers, email addresses, and policy information. Talk to any witnesses and collect their information, as well.
- Call the police to assess the accident. Don’t forget to document the accident on your end, too.
- File an auto claim online or call your insurance carrier’s claims number or one of our agents.